Somewhere between Bristol and Birmingham, I realised that I didn’t have the meeting room or location details for the second UKCoRR meeting held last Friday. I had the agenda, supporting papers, and attendee’s list, but no location. Luckily at the Nottingham railway station I bumped into two people who knew where to go and arrived with minutes to spare.
Just as well, because the meeting was useful – Ahmed from Exeter talked about their e-thesis workflows (waiting for the slides from this, they had some great flowcharts) and Jackie’s paper on the Names Project helped answer questions about whether there’s an author authority file (they’re working on it).
Catherine Jones spoke about the version identification framework project currently underway with lunchtime conversation also talking about a watermark or auto-creation of a coversheet for items – brilliant. David Flanders shook things up a little with his presentation on work underway by CRIG, another JISC funded project.
This is what meetings like UKCoRR are great for – cutting through the masses of emails to just highlight a couple of projects and work underway. Being able to chat with colleagues over lunch is also a bonus.
Finally, the afternoon saw Mary Robinson outline her work on repository staffing, followed by Bill leading discussion on the development of UKCoRR as a professional body. I’m sure there will be more information released on this shortly.